White Township was founded in 1887. The township was named for early settler John White, who owned close to 450 acres of land.
Fun Facts about White Township:
–Steffen Hill United Presbyterian Church was founded in White Township in 1919.
-White Township was mainly a coal mining area in its early days.
-A brick works was once located near the tracks of the Pennsylvania Railroad.
-White Township has lost land on two occasions. College Hill Borough and West Mayfield Borough both separated from White Township.
-At 0.7 square miles, White Township is the smallest municipality in Beaver County.
-White Township is part of the Big Beaver Falls School District.