South Beaver Township was established in 1816 when the original “South Beaver” split into four separate municipalities – South Beaver Township, Big Beaver Borough, Adams Township, and Brighton Township.
Fun Facts about South Beaver Township:
-South Beaver Township is located on the Pennsylvania – Ohio Border.
-It is a rural community of 2,700+ residents.
-Students from South Beaver Township attend Blackhawk School District.
-Just south of Little Beaver Creek in South Beaver Township is a five-foot long rock which is carved to look like a face. Generations of residents have wondered who carved the rock, which has been called “Indian Rock” or just “The Rock”.
–Watts Mill Bridge in South Beaver Township is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is recognized by the Beaver County Historical Research and Landmarks Foundation. It was built in 1878 and crosses Little Beaver Creek at Cannelton. The bridge has been closed since 2013.