Strolling Through Time: A Chronology of Beaver County, PA, History to 2016 compiled by Roger Applegate.
Copies can be purchased for $19.95 +tax at the Vicary Mansion, 1235 Third Avenue, Freedom, PA 15042, during our hours of operation or events. Call 724-775-1848 for more information.
Purchase your copy of the exclusive comprehensive timeline of Beaver County history through the present year. This is a MUST HAVE reference book for the bookshelves of all Beaver County history enthusiasts and will be utilized for years to come as the go-to standard for all researchers looking to get an account of our county’s history.
DID YOU KNOW:
• The father of one of the First Ladies of the United States was from Hookstown?
• A young man from Beaver accompanied Admiral Byrd on his Antarctic Expedition in 1939?
• The United States Army Air Force had a secret aviation fuel storage facility in Potter Township?
• The “World’s Strongest Upside Down Man” was from Midland?
• Daylight Savings Time was invented by a Center Township resident?
• An Aliquippa native became the first African-American president of the NCAA?
• A future President of the United States nearly drowned in a local canal accident?
• The legendary “Johnny Appleseed” planted trees in the county?
• The town of Koppel was seized by the Federal Government and sold during WWI?
• The date that your town, township or borough was established?