Ft. McIntosh is a landmark that is often overlooked in our County’s history. BCHRLF is working with Beaver Heritage Museum to promote this important site. Plan on visiting Sept. 28 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. to meet reenactors that have researched the activities and what life was like during the Revolutionary War. There will be a tent with weaving and spinning wool, cannon firing and activities for children. Share with family and friends!
When: Saturday, October 26, 2019 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
-Always some exciting and spooky tales and urban legends of Beaver County!
-The mansion is always decorated spectacularly!
-Call 724-775-1848 for more information.
When: Saturday, October 19, 2019 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Join us for some fresh applebutter and bread from our outdoor bake oven! Take a few jars home from our Mansion Store!
Featured program: 19th Century Weapons
Our event takes place rain or shine!
- Come see apple butter made in a copper kettle over a wood fire. It’s available for purchase in pint jars. It will be made using locally grown apples, donated by our friends at McConnells’ Farm and Market, Aliquippa.
- Tour our perennial and herb gardens.
- Tour the mansion, and our two archives rooms will be open.
- And, we have a gift shop including teas, tea pots, and a wide variety of books for the history enthusiast.
- Please visit and bring someone with you. Don’t let another year go by saying you really should visit the mansion someday.
- Best of all, we have no admission charge, and we humbly accept your free will donations to continue providing quality programming as your Beaver County historical society. See you Saturday.
- Please help us by sharing this information with your friends.
Strolling Through Time: A Chronology of Beaver County, PA, History to 2016 compiled by Roger Applegate.
Copies can be purchased for $19.95 +tax at the Vicary Mansion, 1235 Third Avenue, Freedom, PA 15042, during our hours of operation or events. Call 724-775-1848 for more information.
Purchase your copy of the exclusive comprehensive timeline of Beaver County history through the present year. This is a MUST HAVE reference book for the bookshelves of all Beaver County history enthusiasts and will be utilized for years to come as the go-to standard for all researchers looking to get an account of our county’s history.
DID YOU KNOW:
• The father of one of the First Ladies of the United States was from Hookstown?
• A young man from Beaver accompanied Admiral Byrd on his Antarctic Expedition in 1939?
• The United States Army Air Force had a secret aviation fuel storage facility in Potter Township?
• The “World’s Strongest Upside Down Man” was from Midland?
• Daylight Savings Time was invented by a Center Township resident?
• An Aliquippa native became the first African-American president of the NCAA?
• A future President of the United States nearly drowned in a local canal accident?
• The legendary “Johnny Appleseed” planted trees in the county?
• The town of Koppel was seized by the Federal Government and sold during WWI?
• The date that your town, township or borough was established?