East Rochester Borough was incorporated in 1908 from Rochester Township. The town used to be called “Seldom Seen” since residential areas were separated from the main road by the railroad.
Fun facts about East Rochester:
–Abner Lacock, a state senator, lived there.
–Rochester Tumbler Works, a glass producing plant, used to be located in the area.
-Part of the Valvoline Oil Company extends into the borough.
-A shopping plaza along Route 65 opened in the 1960’s, and K-Mart was located there at one time.
-The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation maintenance garage is located in the borough.
-The East Rochester-Monaca Bridge was a toll bridge until the tolls were removed in 1973.