Beaver County Historical Research & Landmarks Foundation, located in the 1826 Captain William Vicary Mansion, is recognized as Beaver County’s official Historical Society. The Foundation exists to research, collect and archive local history and artifacts, recognize Beaver County landmarks and educate the local and national audience via instructional programs, reference materials, publications, referrals and special events.
Through our many outreach programs, such as the designation of historical sites, educational programs, Windows Through History©, Western Pennsylvania Quilt Documentation Project, publications and archives, as well as the renovation of the Vicary Mansion, we are growing in many different directions. Without the support of the Beaver County Commissioners, Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (PHMC), individuals, organizations and businesses, we would be unable to continue the promotion of the history of Beaver County. We thank those of you who retain their membership as well as all the volunteers who keep the Mansion alive through programs and restoration projects.
We are proud members of Heinz History Center Affiliates Program, AASLH (American Association for State and Local History), ALHFAM (Association for Living History, Farm and Agricultural Museums), and the Beaver County Tourist Promotion Agency.